Monday, November 9, 2009

Will the World End in 2012?

December 21, 2012 has been suggested as the end of the world, earth as we know it. Some say that on an ancient Mayan calendar 2012 points to the end of the world. Others say that for Nostradamus 2012 is also a possible doomsday.

It has got to the point where the thought of a December 21, 2012 doomsday is freaking some people out. We shouldn't be alarmed. Given past doomsday predictions and prophecies about the end of the world, earth should have ended by now. Since the earth is still here, it would be fair to say then that all prophecies and predictions about the end of the world have failed.

Because I am confident in my eternal destiny because of my relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ, all this 2012 talk has motivated me to invite others to know Jesus too.

This afternoon I had an opportunity to lead a young man to a saving knowledge Jesus. I struck up a friendship with Matt a couple of years ago at the heath club. He is a friendly and athletic guy who, today, was not feeling well. It seems that he just got out of the hospital after a bout of flu-like symptoms.

Because of the time I had invested in building a relationship with him, Matt prayed with me to receive Christ.

Bring on December 21, 2012. Matt and I know where we'll be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive