Friday, April 10, 2009

Making a Significant Contribution

Since the first of the year I have heard the Holy Spirit say, “Your best days are ahead”. I know that it is His encouragement to me to prepare for greater opportunities to contribute.

One of my core values is that I must believe that I am making a significant contribution. Whether it’s my marriage, family, community or ministry, being part of the solution energizes me greatly.

Recently I have been reviewing God’s plan for the last third of my life. One of my prayers is that I will continue to make significant contributions to the world in which I live. I’m 63 years old have a sound mind, am in great physical condition and financially stable. (When my precious father was my age, he was retired, enjoyed gardening and playing solitaire.)

1 Corinthians 2:9 encourages me. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

An opportunity has arisen in the last few weeks to expand our Outreach Department and reach into areas of our community that once seemed impossible to me. These opportunities, although challenging, possess two very important components: I have experience that brings me great confidence; I have desire that brings creative energy. This is a formula for success.

Thanks for following Reaching Out Loud! As these new outreach ventures take shape, I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive